Friday, May 17, 2013

Zahid: Unhappy Malaysians can leave

Among the many uses I put this blog too, I have also started to use it to chronicle my learning journey on Malaysia since the run up to their GE.

An old friend emailed me an article from fz.com about how their new Home Minister told them if they are unhappy they could emigrate. Incredible words almost anywhere but this I have come to learn is "Truly Malaysia". The pic on the left is taken from Today Online.

My take is that his opinion first published in Malay in Utusan was not meant of any audience beyond the regular readers of the paper. Of course you cannot stop provocative remarks like these to remain in Utusan. At the end of the day, he is prepared to endure the adverse reaction from the other language media while courting support and getting street cred with a key Malay support group. Why this make sense, I hope to eventually find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment