Saturday, May 25, 2013

From Angelina Jolie to Ng Eng Hen

What has Angelina Jolie got anything to do with former Education Minister Ng Eng Hen? The link is Andy Ho, at least for me that is.

I never forgive Ng Eng Hen's prevarication on the education statistics on mobility. He declared the less privileged have not become less mobile. Of course eventually he had to humbly climb down when his boss contradicted him, but to me the damage has been done and I will find it very hard to trust him.

I have no time and so Andy Ho provided the data I need to harden my position against Dr. Ng. Andy in his article explained how the breast cancer incidence and markers statistics are read by doctors. Wasn't Dr. Ng a leading breast cancer surgeon? So how could he have been so mistaken about the mobility statistics? It would have made his competence as a surgeon in doubt. I think he was fixed on some dogmas and didn't want to respect the truth. If I my memory serves me well, Tharman was the first to differ and eventually public pressure caused the PM to disagree with him in Parliament too.

We should be wary of trusting ministers like Dr. Ng Eng Hen. He should be sent off like Mah Bow Tan and Raymond Lim. How can he be useful if he doesn't even respect the facts. That's the way to grow out of touch with the people. A great pity Chiam See Tong failed to send him out of Parliament.

1 comment:

  1. I think Ng Eng Hen graduated as a vet.
    Animal doctor.
    Not sure if veterinarians are qualified to detect breast cancer in chicks.

    ReplyDelete