Monday, May 6, 2013

Abang Najib

I just heard on radio earlier while driving, saw on TV during dinner where learned analysts from ISEAS and NUS explained why this isn't about race and here I am reading our FM suggesting, "racial polarisation in Malaysia".

Well the PhD analysts and the FM are just input for me. I had thought through them and made up my own mind. I concluded that Shamungam is flat wrong. He is not stupid, so why did he draw the same conclusion as Najib? For that I choose the simplest reason - We need to get along with the Malaysian PM.

This is bad. I believe LKY would never have kow tow to them across the Causeway. This is tantamount to Najib becoming our abang (i.e., big brother, for my kids who do not know Malay), which is what they always wanted from us even before we were booted out.

We shall pay a heavy price for trying too hard to get along with them. Those guys cannot be counted on. I thought the wisdom of our foreign policy laid down by the late Raja and LKY is we always deal as equals with our foreign partners.

I had blogged before that our leaders are getting weaker. This is just additional evidence.

Eventually Malaysia must endure a wrenching and discontinuous change because the growing ranks of the urban class are not going to bend to UMNO's will. At that time our foreign policy with them will unwind into a mess.

By all means invest in Iskandar but it would be wise to have a plan to cash out too. Remember CLOB. Those creatures up north still wear the same spots. Just as well I think they are too foolish to change.

The trust I have for my leaders is wearing thin. I always have to ask myself what is the real motive of anything they say. They have no more courage to call a spade a spade. I bet foreign investors are also trying to read between the lines with them.

Update: May 7 5:45am

Because I am not Malaysian, I haven't given much thought to this, but I woke up this morning and Bersih 3.0 just flashed into my mind and thought how ridiculous our FM and PM look in their response to the Malaysian GE.

Is this about race Shanmugan? I think you are really in denial or just stupid over this one. I wouldn't have minded if you were shrewd because that is the reality forced on all nations in foreign relations. Ah, I just realized you were both in denial and stupid on this one.

Wikipedia entry on Bersih 3.0. See that this is beyond race.

A YouTube Clip showing it isn't just Chinese. It is across all races...too many other YouTube clips prove the same point.


2 comments:

  1. After seeing these footage, I beleive the latest claims on election fraud and now I know for sure Anwar was framed and Mahamad got his wish of getting his son appionted as Minister and Nacheat and wife will continue making billions

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brave people! I wish them the best in their quest.

    If only Sporeans could be as aware and filled with the courage to take Action.... So many cant even be bothered to turn up for the peaceful Hong Lim protests.

    ReplyDelete