Monday, June 10, 2013

No to MOE scholarship tea session

MOE really want to make sure we receive this. Sent a card to my daughter last week and email me this week.

Given her experience with most teachers and the system, she never wanted to become one of them. Of course there were exceptional teachers but they were extremely rare. When we come across them, we went out of our way to support such gems. We managed to help one of them to receive the highest award for the profession : The President's Award for Teachers.

The bureaucracy needs to do something about its overwhelming inertia to change. I think many bright young kids do  not want a career with the civil service. Many families these days don't need government money to go to university either. Increasingly they are losing the war for talent.

They must not confuse rearranging the furniture with true reforms.

Update: June 13, 3:50pm

My daughter just shared this with me. They are pulling out all the stops to get students interested to join them.

She added that those who are interested do not get invited, whilst those who aren't keen are keenly pursued. I thought to myself, this is must like the banks trying to sell loans and products. This is how the world is run.


2 comments:

  1. You are entitled to your opinion... My daughter is very keen, and she got invited too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody asked for your opinion.

      Delete