Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ching Cheong explains Snowden's choice of HK

Ching Cheong is one of those guys I read to explain Hong Kong and China to me. At the same time I must add that Wang Gungwu is the guy to avoid.

I had used this in an earlier post. They were the words of Prof Darling-Hammond. Edward Snowden who was clearly a failure at school is a first rate intelligence guy whom Ching Cheong has just explained how.

How many such talents have we missed here in Singapore? This might be a controversial example but in the long run the damage done by Snowden is limited to the point that the Americans will take such risks all over again. In fact other nations unwillingess to do so is the American edge. The Israelis do the same but they haven't blow up spectacularly yet.

Edward Snowden has gone to Hong Kong and its people are responding like their freedom is on trial. This is as succinctly as I could put across the already to the point piece by Ching Cheong.

Update: 5:25pm

What an example of clear thinking from Edward Snowden. He is clearly a guy with the smarts. In his own words (I got this from Cnet)




No comments:

Post a Comment