Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blk 538 suggests PAP never learn

In one stroke the revelation of Ng Kok Khim's possible role in the hawker centres cleaning spat has put what many of us feel was an unnecessary distraction and waste of time onto many people's radars. Smells like a suitable sequel to AIM-gate.

I don't care about small quarrels over who pays for cleaning. May be I should care if the problem turns chronic but we were far from that.

The papers had to report the quarrel because it was as newsworthy as the maiden MPS when WP won the GRC. It was a significant event in our political history. The rest of Singapore wait to see if WP can run a GRC well especially when they quietly showed they could do it cheaper than the PAP. For years and that was pretty long ago, my parents' paid $135 or thereabouts for conservancy for their apartment in Braddell View. That paid for covered parking, a club house, swimming pool, security posts etc. That's less than what you had to pay when you add season parking and regular conservancy charges if you lived in HDB next door without so many extras. Oh yes, I was also paying more than my parents at Pine Grove, which is a fair comparison to Braddell View and I only had open parking and the standard conservancy services from HDB. I thought that wasn't right but what could we do? With WP now running a GRC and two SMCs we have alternatives to compare against PAP TCs performance. I am forced to conclude that the PAP do not welcome WP coming into the picture to keep them honest. Now despite AIM-gate, they could very well again continue to use despicable means to make life difficult for the WP and by that keep trying to deny Singaporeans their freedom to choose who could represent them.

AIM-gate would be well remembered into the next GE and beyond. Blk 538 would be forgotten if  not for silly Mr. Ng Kok Khim. It is yet another lesson to the ruling party to play clean and fair which I am beginning to wonder they are capable of  learning.

A side point. If I were the MSM in this new environment I would take every such opportunity to show readers that I am not pro-PAP and strenuously prove myself to be fair in my reports. Their credibility and long term viability as media companies depend on seizing such opportunities. I haven't seen today's papers yet and I wonder how they will present Ng Kok Khim to readers. I am going to do that right now.

Update: 6:40am

This is all I could find from the ST about this issue. No Ng Kok Khim anywhere but plenty of visitors came to see him in my post yesterday. Mind you, I don't promote my blog and yet they found their way here. Imagine how much more traffic other sites with the same info. must have attracted. As newsworthy as AIM but not yet for ST. I am trying to cut them some slack but their competitors unless the government stop them would not be so generous.



3 comments:

  1. The entire AHPETC saga is stirred by this Ng Kok Khim who is not only a grassroots leader, but also a long time PAP member who used to be a town councilor – prior to that ward being lost to the WP, the whole of singapore is now waiting for the MSM to provide the common sense plot and ending to this story. Why are they silent? Shouldn't Bala & NEA be apologizing to the public for being caught red-handed in this conspiracy to attack and undermine an opposition party? THis is despicable. The word and article is going viral now. ST will only slap their face if they come out with a different dog-pony story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VB is doing an epic fail job in wiping out mozzies. No wonder even the PM is leaving town to Mt Fuji for fresh air and to avoid these pestering insects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If I were the MSM in this new environment I would take every such opportunity to show readers that I am not pro-PAP and strenuously prove myself to be fair in my reports."

    Mediacorp is Government owned.

    The chairman of SPH is an retired Minister descended from PAP Heaven.

    MSM have to have PAP maintaining the grip on Power else many MIWs in the MSM will find themselves unemployable.

    ReplyDelete