Thursday, May 15, 2014

I remember the panic attacks

I got out of the car this morning and turned on the phone radio because you can't carry the car radio with you. Why the bother? Because they were discussing panic attacks this morning. I wanted to know if I had missed anything; I did not.

About ten years ago my girl was seized with such attacks so regularly it turned our world upside down. Every day I was nervous if the school would call and I need to rush over to take her home. She missed a lot of lessons and we mostly learned to cope on or own. As a result she developed into an independent learner.

For the next few years I figured how to get the attacks under control as my hair turned gray in a hurry. I didn't know they were panic attacks until a few years later. Today we are on top of this. Nevertheless we had a scare during the A levels Maths paper. God helped and then I knew she was on her way to all As but I kept it to myself. Of course she was more confident about managing that incident because by then she had learned to be in the driver's seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment