Thursday, August 2, 2012

Why I advised against H2 literature for my daughter

Here is a good story to support why I discouraged my children from offering literature. In fact earlier this year my daughter had a surreal experience of having a ton of messages and semantics inputed  in her poetry which in her view never existed and was just wild off the mark.

So familiar, we have the habit of torturing scripture this way too.

Taken from the Guardian newspaper.


Ian McEwan on his novels as A-level set texts: 'My son got a very low mark' - video

Writer Ian McEwan describes the odd experience of helping his son with an A-level essay about one of his novels, Enduring Love, and finding his son's teacher disagreed with his interpretation of the novel. This is an excerpt from Ian Katz's interview with McEwan at the Guardian's Open Weekend festival on 24 March 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment