Friday, August 3, 2012

Time for a new Passport

This notice has been sitting on my desk for too many days. Better make an appointment with ICA soon to pick it up.

Earlier I tried giving them a nice old photo. To play it safe in case they reject it, I had turned up in the same shirt which the photo was taken when I last collected a passport years back, but that photo was more than five years old then. Guess I still looked the same and got away.

I tried using the same photo again this time but ICA officers or computers must have recognized that it was the same pic. They made me get a new one. What a chore. Except for grayer hair nothing has changed.

How old exactly is that photo? Suddenly dawn on me that my driving licence had the same photo! When did we stop paying the yearly $20 fee and exchange it for a permanent hard plastic card? Now this is reminding me about the brief stint in Dubai. The RTA couldn't believe that our driving licence is good for life. Here is a photo shot of my residence visa before I give it up to the ICA for good.



It is already Friday, I plan to pick up my new passport next week before National Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment