Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rumors yesterday of LKY passing

"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" Mark Twain,

Yesterday morning, wifey messaged me that LKY had passed on. I told her cannot be.

Later I saw Tan Kin Lian's post that the rumor was false.

In the evening my neighbor asked me about it and I also get email asking it it were true.

Tan Kin Lian left this story on his wall this morning which I find very humorous and appropriate.

I have hidden the previous posting as it has offended several decent minded people, and I wish to apologize to them. Here is the Norwegian joke, about false rumors.

I recall a story told by a Swedish friend. In a speech 20 years ago, he said, "During the dark days of the second world war, Norway was occupied by the German Nazis. Every few days, there was a rumor that the Allies had landed and that Norway would be liberated. It turned out to be another false rumor. After a while, the people became skeptical of these rumors, but felt that it was nice to hear them anyway! " 

My Swedish friend gave this speech in response to accolades that were given to him.

Happy National Day.


LOL 

Update: August 11 Courtesy of  Every Day's Party


2 comments:

  1. I am glad that the rumour is false. LKY should last for a few more good years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For heaven's sake , the man is 88 years old. If it's time to go, its time to go.

    ReplyDelete