Monday, May 12, 2014

Daughter's skincare


Spent about $400 six weeks ago, spent the same amount this morning for these. Can't recall why I didn't blog about this then, I was probably too busy.

I remember as a young husband, wifey's skin care products gave me sticker shock. I can still recall the brand: Lancome. The ones you see here are what the daughter picked up after seeing the dermatologist, which I call the skin doctor instead. Somehow if a doctor isn't treating you for skin conditions, it is not really a dermatologist to me. Of course this is nonsense. I think I just see aesthetics doctors differently from those who cure diseases and protect health. One is a business person, the other is a doctor. So why doctor in skin doctor then? It is a privilege for humans to be inconsistent and good to be aware of this. In the rise of the machines, they will not be like us, and this is how we shall be better than them.

But our irrationality (I am not, I am just very complex) and inconsistencies drive this government nuts. They should learn how to cope like some first world leaders have learned to. After all they are reshaping this place into just another global city. We will lose our Singapore character. When that happens, how can you be a Singaporean leader without Singaporeans? The Singaporean is assimilated into the Borg Complex. In different and far too many words but essentially the same and more cryptically: Resistance is Futile.

Oh yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment