Friday, June 10, 2011

Wifey's song: Bette Midler's "Wing Beneath My Wings"

Bette Midler's "The Wind Beneath my Wings" was playing on the car stereo this morning. I have always made it a point to include this song on every media, and equipment we have because this was wifey's favorite. I even thought of using it for our wedding but when we were so young, I didn't feel up to it then. I chose Julie Rogers "The Wedding" instead and did the hard work with substandard equipment to make the tape for the hotel to use.

For religious reasons (stupid), I didn't like the song when she first shared it with me. Over the years I have warmed to it more and more. Perhaps I now like it as much as she does. I imagine I could see what is in her mind when this song is on, but I know I am not there yet.

The scriptures say, "Love is Patient". For practical purpose, I prefer: Love Waits. Watch and imitate how God waits.

Perhaps she has moved on from Bette Midler? Not easy isn't it? Relationships is a lot about catching up too. Now she is into K-drama and again, I dislike them but accommodate her completely. Remember love waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment