Friday, December 31, 2010

22nd Wedding Anniversary

Today is our 22nd wedding anniversary. Every year I would look at the wedding photos. In the last few years, I only viewed those that I have already scanned. This year I scanned almost every one of them into into the PC and transferred it to the iPad. I am also glad I found Julie Roger's, "The Wedding" on YouTube.



It was with this song that I symbolically said good bye to my first gf for the last time. At every milestone of her life somehow my old pal will bring the news to me and I will repeat my farewell in my heart to her. I didn't expect that the Lord will arrange for us to meet up again almost twenty five years later to send me a message that would be impossible to understand otherwise. It was just like Peter had to have the vision of the sheet coming down from heaven with all kinds of unclean animals that God okayed for him to eat before meeting Cornelius and his family. The message: A wife is more to be loved than as a partner. It has been four years that I have received and understood the message. Time needed to be confident enough to put into writing, and also a deeper appreciation of Acts 27.

The mercies and grace of our God through Christ is beyond surprising. The story continues in ways that I can only accept by faith. God has given us his Spirit as the guarantee and that is enough.

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” Mark 10:29-31

Except by faith shown in obedience this passage cannot be understood. I mean, I don't want a hundred times more this or that. It is meant to be taken figuratively and to trip up those who have idols in their hearts. It must begin with like Moses, "Show me your face..." or it would just simply go awry.

No comments:

Post a Comment