Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Choi Sung Bong - A story for us

My friend emailed me this from Seattle last night when we were still snoozing. I saw it this morning and it just bang into you! One of those Cinderella and Ugly Duckling stories. Don't we love such stories. We will never have enough of them.

This was what Lorna wrote introducing the video.

"Saw wonderful video on Vancouver Sun website this morning.  It was a young Korean man who is being compared to Susan Boyle.  He was placed in an orphanage shortly after birth and has supported himself for years selling items on the street.  The Korean judges were not very impressed at first.  And then he began to sing.  I recognized the music from the film 'The Mission' with a piece called 'Gabriel's Oboe' by Italian composer Ennio Morricone.  The audience went wild and the like the Susan Boyle judges, they did a complete 180.  I was very moved by his performance."

No comments:

Post a Comment