Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Day My God Died

My ex boss emailed me about this video, "The Day My God Died". Someone had told her about it yesterday. I found it on YouTube by PBS. Of course I was also thinking of the "Saturday Special" in the ST today - the trafficking of women for sex. Slavery is alive and active all around us. I am ashamed my government dragged its feet on this. Only now they start to act more responsibly about it. Perhaps if there were more women in government, they would have acted sooner. I have no time to watch to the end of it, stopping at 26mins. This is heart breaking stuff. These women are treated and used like commodities. This is EVIL.

"Singapore is among a few countries yet to sign the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons" Why? Because we were slow, not in our often narrowly defined self interests, always amoral, money worshiping. But as the tide of global opinion shifts, it becomes vital to our interest. We haven't changed. Just responding to external changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment