Thursday, November 15, 2012

SAF Training Fatalities

This is going to be a very unusual blog post. I am using this page from the ST as a memory hook of my own experience in the SAF. Too sensitive to say too much here.

I heard over radio this morning when they discussed SAF training accident in view of these reports how he had been misunderstood and suffered while in NS. He is now PES E. Unlike this poor fellow I quickly learned how to navigate the system. I was fortunate to get help from a doc who was a senior officer in the reserves too.

I wonder the company 2IC who advised me against pursuing my case if he had fallen ill and die because of his idiocy. That officer should have joined me. Some people as just too proud and blind. It could cost you your life.

At the end of the day the only way the SAF know how to look after you is you first know how to look after yourself. Of course don't expect the Defence Minister to say so in Parliament. 





Update: Nov 16 6am

Among the items at the top of my news feed this morning :-(




  • Gerard Yip Safety breaches happen all the time, unless the SAF can remove the attitude of do whatever you want but don't get caught, such things are bound to happen again as there are always cowboys who think that they have done it for the pass 10 years and nothing happen. Stupid enough for someone to assign a driver without a license. Seriously.
    5 hours ago · Unlike · 2

No comments:

Post a Comment