Friday, May 6, 2011

My ex boss advice to me on how to vote

Feels like I have so many ex bosses eh? This one who for a while ran one of the major oil company here emailed me the "Bookies call on outcome of GE 2011"

I casually responded to him as follows,

"...which side are you rooting for. I have to choose between Vivian B group which I am unhappy with against SDP A team"

which he soon replied with

"Just vote with your conscience"

And I have been thinking about that advice since. Now I am sure he was right, completely right. That is what I will tell my children. I have also earlier inserted this into one of my blog entries: "Elections: Don't be Stupid: It's not about you"

Insert, May 6: Polling day is tomorrow. I imagine I would feel even more torn now if I were an Aljunied resident, and angry if I had been hived off to AMK. What should I do? When all the analysis is done, vote according to your conscience. Analysis has helped you count the cost of each option but life cannot be lived without a clear conscience which most politicians do not have or more likely self deceived into thinking they do. I recalled a young queen once called to serve her people in a time of genocidal danger. Analysis would have led her to play it safe but conscience told her to remark to her uncle, "If I perish, I perish". She made the right choice. Her name: Esther or Hadassah. And that was a truly beautiful woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment