Sunday, November 11, 2012

SMEs are mostly done for

As usual it was more convenient for me to read the papers on my iPad. When I came to this article, I was curious especially when they use quotes.

















I extract this from the article, which is worrying. These SMEs need help and that means foreign workers. Not even the most generous government handouts would make a difference. It is bodies or they might shrink their business, relocate or fold.

















Meanwhile quite a few pages later, is a story of how GV cinemas is coping with the difficulties of finding workers. They are automating.

Can many of the SMEs invest in like manner? I am afraid not. In fact unless we are willing to loosen the restrictions on foreign workers otherwise these SMEs must merge to the critical size before non manpower options become feasible. On their own this is not going to happen. Who will be the matchmaker? It is either you cause M&A among the SMEs to happen in a hurry or many local employees will lose their jobs. From Grace Fu's response, which must be utterly disappointing to the SMEs leaders present the government don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the photo of that daughter of Mr James Fu,the poor soul ex-communist supporter who played up his comrades for $$$$$ for his own family,I switched off .狗嘴里吐不出象牙

    ReplyDelete