Thursday, November 1, 2012

Oops! Most my "likes" went to the government

Yesterday I had a chance to make a post like this one. The day before there was an opportunity too. I have several opportunities to do this every week. Not bad eh.

Yep, I criticize the government severely, more than anyone except religious teachers. On the other hand without noticing until recently I also gave them the most "likes" on facebook. I have often blogged that this is probably the best government around but I am afraid Singapore needs exceed what we have got. This would be theoretical but I know we can do better. Look at how they are improving since the last GE. Didn't they say they had done their best? Looks like there is always a better best!

You see, in the end the heart and not the mind decide was is the meaning of best. A moment of humility have forced them to reexamine themselves. For a while they lost their way and I hope they are making their way back.

Update: 2pm

See, there are plenty of opportunities to hit "like". Some are cynical about all these but I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. Not too late if they proved to be false in the end. May be too late for regrets if you are wrong. That's no way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment