Monday, May 2, 2011

Asking Dr. Goh Keng Swee how I ought to vote.

I can't believe that I am doing this; going through some old videos to pick Dr. Goh's thinking and motivation to help me decide how I ought to cast my vote. Here is what I have found.

From 1:22: by Eddie Barker, "Some years ago, the Prime Minister told me that Dr. Goh would be retiring at the end of this term...."

Conclusion: Unlike Lee Kuan Yew, Dr. Goh didn't think he was indispensable to Singapore. If he thought we can do without him in government, who can justify sticking around?



From 8:03: "...very dangerous, after some time we tell you what to think..." the words of Dr. Goh

Conclusion: Even if the PAP dared not tell us how to think, they had come as close as possible isn't it? With Lee Kuan Yew being the least coy about it. Can't you see most ministers talk out of the same book? I imagine the brightest among them leveling down for the sake of the rest.



From 8:31:
To the new guard soon joining us, may I say: 'Welcome to you. Some of you will discover before long that you have joined a holy order that expects total commitment from you. That will be your moment of truth. You will then regard the present condition of the Republic not as a pinnacle of achievement but as a base from which to scale new heights.'

Conclusion: For sure many of today's MPs do not consider themselves as servants, must less joining a holy order! My experience with them wasn't unique. Bertha Henson a few days ago had also written about advance party preparing the way for their mandarin MP house visits.



The PAP might not be financially corrupt, but it is nearly almost morally exhausted. They are not capable of handing over to others like Dr. Goh had to them. Lee Kuan Yew is still MM and believes he can contribute. I imagine Dr. Goh had more to contribute when he opted to retire instead.

One down for supporting this present day PAP. SM Goh's suggestion that a minister should serve only two terms was very sensible. One down for the PM for insulting our education system for failing to produce more than one A team. Perhaps we should be shopping for a new PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment