Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pastors are not much trusted

Received this almost a week ago and I changed my mind about blogging this. Early this morning as I was clearing my screenshots folder on my phone I found this again.

Clergy isn't ranking very well and I am not surprised. Empirical evidence had forced me to the same conclusion. Not all, but quite a few of them are great fakes. Yet some of the people I respect the most are pastors or missionaries. Except one, I don't get to meet them. Only read them and many are no longer among us. Time is a great test. Stay around long enough and you will see the majority of them fall. Young people have to grow old to discover this. It takes that long.

The main problem with these pastor folks is that they are too hungry for career success. Often that means growing the church attendance as quickly and large as possible.

I cringed whenever a friend told me that their pastor are counselling them in their troubled marriage. I often asked, why not Anthony Yeo and his colleagues? So many pastors cannot even get their families in order. So many friends are still with a church but their children when they arrived at their late teens or early adulthood have abandoned church. One just told me the other day why both her kids have non Christian boy friends.

1 comment:

  1. In heavenly father we trust,NOT any human being.

    ReplyDelete