Saturday, October 5, 2013

Served notice to terminate Singnet Broadband


After a lot of effort looking for the right number, I managed to call Singtel to terminate my ADSL broadband. Singtel makes it so difficult for you to say good bye. I can't do it online, the phone number on their bill is useless but wifey finally found the above page and I called them.

The last day of service would be 16 October. I don't understand why they needed such a long time to effect this. Anyway a relationship starting from 1994 has just ended like that. I can still remember the excitement of receiving a ring bound manual, the 2,400 bps modem and the manila envelope with the login details. Over the years, I upgraded to the 14400 bps modem and I remember the 28800 Motorola modem vividly. The year was 1996. Then I switched to 256K Magix and subsequently to 512K broadband. Over the years the ADSL speed kept going up at no additional charge and finally topping at 10Mbps.




No comments:

Post a Comment