Friday, October 4, 2013

More than Zaobao in an envelope: Jaime, Angelina and Lawrence Khong

I told wifey that Zaobao came in a big envelope this morning. I also remarked if they could do this very often then it is a mistake to have sold their stock. She asked me what I thought of the two TOD'S handbags. I replied that they reminded me of Jaime Chua, and I added - shallow.

On the way out of the house I explained it is easy to see why it was all so shallow. Tai Tais like her spend all their time looking good where is there time for anything else? You become what you invest most of your time in. I didn't tell her then but in my mind I was also thinking and comparing Jamie Chua with Angelina Jolie a much better looking woman and a worse sinner to boot. On the other hand I have nothing but admiration for Angelina Jolie the adulterer. I am not sure it was Brad Pitt who wanted her or she had successfully seduced him. I don't care. That's the spirit of Christ. Love fulfills the law. This is one thing Pastor Lawrence Khong had publicly announced he didn't understand and probably never lived.

There were occasions which Pope Francis introduced himself as a sinner. I am one too. I am not better than him, so how can I not be if he is. But God is gracious to us all and how can we who know him not imitate him unless you never knew him at all.

I have followed some of the discussion threads and what did I discover? I was reading non Christians telling Christians what Christianity ought to be like and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are gays too. So who will enter the kingdom and who will get locked out in the end? Who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment