Monday, January 17, 2011

Buying Fruit Juice again

I stopped buying fruit juices during the months when our cash flow slowed to a trickle. After the stream of cash returns, it took me a while before I went back to this habit. Even so, I avoided Orange and stick with better value Guava because it has a much longer expiry date and I also mix it with ice water 2 to1 or sometime equal parts.

Giving up something like this has always been symbolic. It has no impact on the monthly budget.

I am possibly more free than most people here because I can live without many "necessities" We would be poor or financially vulnerable if I do not set the example. Everyone in the family has more than me. From tomorrow onward, all of them will have iPads but not me. I have a Kindle instead. I hope DHL delivers it as early as possible. Don't relish the idea of waiting for a whole day for just this delivery.

Yesterday, the younger girl did the unimaginable of committing almost $60 on a protective cover for her soon to be here iPad. I made her pay part of it herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment