Wednesday, April 27, 2011

PAP logistics power, but what is the use?

I was at Ghim Moh market just now. Be astounded by PAP logistical might! But what is the use? You have got to win the hearts and mind of the people. Even in good times they only try to reach your mind. Do they think we are Lt. Cmdr Data? This is myopic. Can we deny our humanity? Stupid.

Anyway of the four, Christopher De Souza and Vivian Balakrishnan, I am not supporting them. The other two, beyond their names, I hardly know them. If they fail to get into parliament, I will not be miss them. My vote doesn't count, it is just one vote but added with my neighbors, and I can't find a happy one, that could be a problem for them. Sure, they still might vote this team if only out of fear. Living in fear, that is not the way to live. If you are prepared to do that, you can be sure your kids will grow up and scare you by voting opposition. On this, I am very sure.

The question I ask myself is really simple: Do I want the next five years to be like the last five years? Do I feel optimistic about the future of my children? Are these MPs and Ministers smarter than many of my friends and me? Oh, that is the wrong question. I know they are not smart enough for the global competition. They are just very good runners after trends. Their dog trick is to get us to run quickly and often stressing and tiring us out. The monkey trick is to get us to adapt and live where peoples elsewhere are mostly unwilling. If that is the level of intellectual leadership that they are capable of, thousands of Singaporeans can do their jobs. What we do not have and dearly need is an intellect like Dr. Goh Keng Swee. The one who doesn't follow trend by blaze a new path forward a decade ahead of everyone.

If you are good, you do not need to explain. If you are bad, you do need to be there to explain. I adapted this from Adolf Hitler. Lucky for them, we are not little Hitlers. Unfortunately they think we are difficult and ingrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment