Saturday, February 12, 2011

Replacing the Kindle

We didn't manage to get the shop to replace the Kindle because they discovered (I had missed it) a dent on the top left corner of the Kindle, which must have damage the E-ink display.

They offered to sell us a Kindle for $200 instead of $259. Sure, we can send the device to Amazon but the shipping and insurance would be exorbitant. After checking with the owner, she agreed to fork out the $200. For a student it must really have hurt the pocket to pay for another Kindle. A painful lesson to be more careful next time.

I wonder how she is going to explain to her parents in Hunan.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I spoiled my Kindle 3 in Singapore, and Amazon shipped me a replacement (which I am receiving via vPost for $17.60), with the condition that I ship back the spoiled Kindle in the same box within 90 days (which should not cost too much if use surface mail). If you still have the spoiled Kindle, you should contact Amazon to try to return it. Say that the Kindle was a gift.

    ReplyDelete