Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kindle Display Problem

A Kindle with a damaged display, but this isn't mine. It belongs to my daughter's classmate. She had approached my daughter to help her buy a Kindle. We were glad to help especially when you consider that she is here on her own and away from her family in far away Hunan. We took her to Sim Lim Square to buy the Kindle 3 instead of ordering from the States. She wanted it in a hurry so that she can have it to keep her company over the CNY holidays. I also researched and show her how to convert Chinese novels to the Kindle format when Calibre didn't work. This is the first part of the story with a happy ending.

Part 2 is still looking for a happy ending. She has asked us to help her. There is nothing we an do except take it to the shop. Well, at least I am arming myself with some research to push my case. You know what some of the folks at Sim Lim Square are like. Fortunately  I have found a useful link which I am printing out just in case I need to bolster my case that it wasn't the user's fault. (http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/12/29/kindle-screen-woes-anyone-else/)

Now the thought of making a trip to Sim Lim Square just doesn't excite me one bit. The ERP, the exorbitant parking....

Update: May 20, 2011

This link should be helpful for those who want Amazon to resolve the problem
http://jeffyen.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

1 comment:

  1. did you manage to find a shop that repairs it?

    ReplyDelete