Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"I need to stay back", we work for the school system

Just got an unwelcome phone call from my younger girl. This isn't the first time I get such calls but a first for blogging about it.

As usual, the school system assume we all work for them. She told me that she would be coming home late today as she had to attend the AV training this afternoon. Our schools have always performed at an "F" level for administrative quality. They often ambush you and disrupt your plans. I wonder if there would be a revolt from parents sometime. It wouldn't happen in my generation; the next one perhaps. Now this bring to my mind a parent complaining loudly in the car park when my elder girl was in Sec One. We were in school to fetch our daughters and had waited beyond an hour. This father was really upset why the Girls's Guides is keeping them for so long. I was more patient. I know this trial will end and we wouldn't be worse for wear but it was such a waste of time.

I am still feeling the deep dismay in my girl's voice over the phone.

It is the friendships forged that is special to them. Occasionally you get a good teacher but most of the time, it just sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment