Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Coming Crusade against LGBT

I didn't have time to blog yesterday. I believe I read this on my S3 while having lunch.

I know their mentality well since I came from that warped faith nursery long ago. Earlier I had blogged about them turning this into a crusade. This is early evidence of that.

My God is the God of Job, Mother Teresa, John Newton and Francis of Assisi etc,. I don't recognize the God of Pastor Khong or Yang.

Fortunately these leaders are cowards. Just invite them for kopi at the ISD and it will become clear.

If you visit the church website, you will find that they had already redacted what is shown at TOC.

What crazy battles were they thinking? This is what their purported boss said about fighting.

Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world." John 18:36

Just in case, please don't use William Wilberforce to legitimize your battles. I am not serious of course, but why don't you push for criminalizing adultery as well? How many Christians are secretly indulging in sexual sins and how insidiously it is wrecking their families. Don't strain at gnats and swallow camels.

Update: 10:15am

Found this at Today Online: Debate over Section 377A intensifies

Update: 11:20am

I wasn't sure about penning this earlier because it is damning. I know how these pastors think since I grew up in such churches. My take is that these pastors were after the low hanging fruits. Christian must do christian things, which they call discipleship. So they go out to save the world. and they want to save the LGBT. The real work is painfully and often tearfully encouraging their flock to holy living. That's too hard and nearly all of them crave ministry success like CEOs in the private sector (Don't you see them copying their methods?). Because their hidden agenda is a selfish and self deluded one (they think they are doing God's work) an invitation to kopi at ISD and they easily wilt. That's why I called them cowards earlier.

In the end the LGBT are the convenient bogeyman for these pastors. If they truly want to engage the LGBT with Gospel love, go directly to them. Why pressure the government? But they saw voters have become bolder and they thought to themselves, it is safe for us to press the government too. That is silly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I don't generally troll. I came across your site whilst reading a email sent from a friend about the Punggol East elections. (ok, i troll a little.)
    I am thinking about what you said are issues with the Chritian church in Singapore and do (vaguely?) agree with you about equating sodomy with adultery...
    I believe that I as a Christian need to understand what battles need to fought, in what context and in what manner. I am concerned that being dogmatic does pose a "holier than thou" attitude rather than an attitude of love and holiness. I would very much prefer to approach the LGBT issue in the context of how we need to look at the institution of family and the intended and unintented consequences that can arise when we challenge the institution of family. Being aggressive loses the moral ground quickly. Being passive means you have no principles and believe in relativism.
    I do find your blanket statement about "these pastors" damning and carte blanche.
    Sincerely

    ReplyDelete