Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MP's visit: No Thanks


It was quite noisy outside. I heard the door bell rang. I opened to find  lots of people were outside. A Malay lady informed me that the MP is coming to visit. I replied that I do not want to see him. They left the above on my gate. They could have handed it to me, but I supposed they thought my demeanor wasn't friendly enough and did not want to risk it.

Just like the previous visit, I didn't think any of my neighbors opened their doors to him too. To be doubly sure, I went outside to have a look. All of them had the same letter stuck to their gates. Nothing has changed, we do not welcome him.

Someone told me that this is all so imperial. They sent an advance party to make you stand at your door to await the VIP arrival. I think these MPs haven't earned their spurs to be treated this way. Only Lee Kuan Yew deserved to be treated such.

8 comments:

  1. And that's cause he's an old man. I'd wait at my doorstep for the old karang guni uncle too if I were expecting him.

    But in all honesty, it's the bootlickers who do this to gain brownie points, while more than a handful of MPs would be perfectly happy to knock on the door themselves personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inspiring this!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-want-my-MP-to-knock-on-my-door-when-he-visits/154767674578305

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can the police arrest me if I flip him off at my gate? :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they do send advance party so the MP does not need to wait for you. If the MP has to wait for every family, that walkabout will drag on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the people of Singapore have to wait on their MPs, that's the PAP style. Why this a elite people who are already earning big bucks but have sacrificed their time to serve the people and make a another 20 thousand a month to do their full-time job and visit some events once in while. For that kind on money I would expect my MPs to serveme full-time. Wake up Singaporeans..wake up

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a subtle way to instill in peasants the hierarchy of you serving them higher mortals, instead of them being your equal and serving you. And Old lee is just as equal as you, me or the beggar on the street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know why they do the rounds so early? So they can gauge how much % of the residents will "vote" against them in that particular block/area. Once they know the sentiments, they draft out the battle plan aka "rezoning the GRC or single ward". They regrouped those high probability "losing areas" into the high probability "winning areas" = GRCs. Then those with higher response rates where they feel can win votes, they put them into a single ward and send young PAPs for a natural taste of victory! So there you go, the strategic minds of the PAPies = is all a probability/numbers game. You can never win with their constant rezoning. Only in SGP, will that happen every election years...how to WIN? So the strategy is to open your doors and show them you will vote for them, but in reality, unvote them!!!

    People - please get smart and unite! You dont want to wait for another Egypt revolution by your children in order for real peaceful change to happen..you have responsibility to your happiness & future generation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what? I would actually wait for the MP to come and then slammed my door in front of him.

    ReplyDelete