Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Edusave Character Award

This is a story from TNP I found in AsiaOne yesterday. Kinda of reminded me of my brother.

He has made it to the news because of the new Edusave Character Awards that would be given out for character achievement or should it be attainment.

I agree that Le Yong deserves it. I am not as sure of many of those who would come later who would see the award as something to achieve rather than an unexpected recognition of good work done.





I agree completely with Sandra Davie. Cash for character just demean this (Economics of Good and Evil : The Quest for Economic Meaning from Gilgamesh to Wall Street has an excellent treatment on this subject).  Again we are making the mistake of reducing everything to dollars and cents.

Beyond the good suggestions of the writer, giving opportunities for leadership and influence to help others emulate such good examples is far better.

No comments:

Post a Comment