Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A practical use of biographies

Never cared much for biographies until now, i.e., until I read Todd Harrison's, "The Other Side of Wall Street". Perhaps I had worked in the same Wall Street firm as he had. The toxic culture, the politics.

I have a more practical interest in biographies. Thanks be to God, he has provided once more. I need them for my daughter as a cognitive base to navigate the world. Such things come to most naturally but not for a special needs child. Where the hardware fails, superior software will make up for the loss.

She had received from me, "The Pursuit of Happyness". We had seen this in movie form about five years ago. As she had discovered sometime back, you get more reading the book than watching the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment