Friday, June 13, 2014

World Cup kicks off in Brazil successfully


For a while I was wondering if Brazil could pull this off but as D-day approached it became quite clear they would be OK. The western media don't like them very much isn't it? But there wasn't enough alarm and noise to suggest that it would fail.

And J. Lo made it.

Got this in my whatsapp this morning when I turned on my phone. Completely biased. How else coming from a British newspaper?

On a more positive note, the Telegraph believes its audience math isn't that poor. This is a venn diagram, stuff I learned long ago in secondary one.

I know next to nothing about this beautiful game which was on the cover of the Economist magazine last week. Given that there are so many people around me talking about it, I can't not helped knowing right? So Brazil played Croatia last night when I was asleep. Brazil won 3:1 against Croatia. Good for the Brazilians but why did it even let in one goal to the other side? 2:0 would be more satisfying, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment