Sunday, October 21, 2012

Alvin in a hole loves to keep digging


Alvin Tan doesn't understand to stop digging when he falls into a hole. Heng Swee Keat is afraid there will be more Alvins and is renewing emphasis on character education. Alvin might be extremely bright but he is a fool. Singapore gave you the opportunity to make something good out of yourself but you are idiotically throwing it away. You are the dog that is doing worse than biting the finger that feeds you.

Years ago, a bright EDB scholar who used to seek my views eventually felt that he had overtaken me in experience and wisdom told me there is no such thing as bad publicity. There is only no publicity. He was so disdainful of my view. I told him he was wrong and I don't want to persuade him on that. You have to recognize and let people learn some lessons the harder way.

I am no longer in contact with this scholar. Not because I don't want to but I am not in his league at least from his unspoken point of view. Fortunately for him, he is never going to be as foolish as Alvin.

I hope he doesn't need more than Alvin to recognize that he was wrong.

Actually I am not that wise but I bear in mind as best as I could and have ways to learn the meaning of, "He must increase and I must decrease". That kinda of warn me about how to seek publicity. Don't. Let it come to you. And in a distant way it is a follow on from, "If you love something let it go. If it comes back to you, it is yours to keep. If it never returns, it was never yours before".

Leave some room to trust a higher power because we are all very limited. Too many people achieve success that they don't deserve because they flouted the laws of the universe. I don't know what you call your higher power, but don't be cocky and leave some room for his grace.

2 comments:

  1. You are right. One may be brilliant academically, but without wisdom there is nothing to show. Even among animals, there have sets of rules and laws in the jungle. In a society, apart from being governed by rules and laws, we have our own tribal norms and nuances that we have to adhere or subscribe and being an exhibitionist is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do u all notice Darkness and his lot have been so embarrassed of late. They even refuse to talk about Alvin aka YOLO. Even they don't know what to do any longer. Everyone is suddenly red faced and so embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete