Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Medal at the Paralympics

This is excellent. I prefer the Paralympics over the main Olympics. I even like the flower bunches winners are given. I always like flowers anyway.

The Olympics is hypocritically amateur, i.e., it is basically professional trying to hide and pretend not to be. Meanwhile the Paralympics is closer to the sporting ideal. The good days will end if ever big money enters but let's enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Congrats Laurentia Tan.

Update: A day later, Laurentia Tan won Silver in her next event :-) So happy for her and us.



Just saw this in the ST (7am) I applaud the writers to the forum on this issue! (click to pic to read article)



1 comment:

  1. I am happy when I read that Laurentia Tan won the medel,I do not know how to explain it.
    I am not xenophobic though,I like foreigners and actually married one.

    ReplyDelete