Saturday, June 9, 2012

A graying crown

President Obama hair turning gray and now this ex-principal too after six weeks in prison, I can identify with that. I discovered that once it start there is no stopping. It has been almost ten years.

When I was a young exec at Shell, I kinda envied my department head who had a completely white crown. Strangely now that I am on my way there, it doesn't seem as attractive. Nevertheless if I could reverse the loss of pigment, I wouldn't. It was good while is last, we always move on.

Jacob had his limp after a night fighting the stranger. A new life begun for him with the dawn of the next day. Ditto some of us like the two examples above.

Truly gray hair could herald the beginning of wisdom gained from some of life's most severe experiences.

I wish the ex-principal well. He had been exemplary in setting things right.

2 comments:

  1. A moment of folly for temptation of lust has landed him in trouble,hope he can now see the light which is emerging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've the highest admiration for this ex-principal. How he handled his fall, spoke much more well of him than perhaps all the "good" he may have tried to preach in his adult life as a principal to his students. I wish our society, particularly the public service, is more forgiving. If he were under my employ, I'd have no hesitation re-employing him. Someone who's fallen (and fallen very publicly), learnt his wrong, and offered the one chance for a new leaf of life when his back is against the wall, is probably one of the best employee one can find. I also wish him well, and not just that, root for him too, in his new life as a husband, a father and hopefully in the near future, an employee.

    ReplyDelete