Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sim Wong Hoo is back

I hope our local born talent Sim Wong Hoo wins big this time. I cannot share his optimism, enthusiasm and energy because that is very personal. He needs these qualities to inspire those who work with him.

I had always felt it was his bad luck to have to compete against Steve Jobs over the iPod. His barriers of entry against his competitors are mainly language and technology. Basically his response is not to beat the leading western based tech leaders but avoid them and go to places where their weakness is his strength. Strategically you can't fault him for that. So I don't know why those who know so little about his business are pouring cold water over this venture.

For me, I just want him to win. He has been an inspiration to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment