Monday, April 16, 2012

The Apostle: The Old Musical


Wifey found this on YouTube tonight and told me about it. My most significant musical. I used to play it off a cassette in my car player as I drove to campus. One of those lucky guys that had a car to go to school with. Oh, I remember Ayer Rajah Road was beautifully tree lined. That was before it became AYE. I often got my high and motivation just listening to this.

I was very happy that wifey also shared the same love for this musical. Some of my NUS classmates in the VCF and Navigators also loved it. One even staged it. Today I often played it off a USB drive in my car stereo system.

When I reconnected with a special old friend, one of the first things I passed her was this. There could not be a deeper connection unless it is through our Lord. I was disappointed when she was quite unimpressed but I kept it to myself. I left it all with the Lord. He fixed us up, he directs each step. Easy as ABC but I have no blinking idea what's happening and where it was going. Gotta take it moment by moment.

I think each of us must have our 'Road to Damascus' experience. Because that is the moment when the grace of our Lord hits us. You might call it the Jacob fight in the desert experience, or the forgiveness John Newton felt over the guilt of the lives of slaves he was responsible, Moses Burning Bush etc., anything to usher us into His presence and feel His grace and forgiveness. That becomes the basis of your self confidence and courage. Then you no longer need to hide among the bushes like Adam and Eve had.

1 comment:

  1. Let me guess you are in your fifties!!! I love this musical too when in my teens it was well performed here! God bless.

    ReplyDelete