Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another death in the family: Grand Aunt

Just got a call from my aunt a while ago that grand aunt passed away yesterday. Grand aunt and great grand mother were like moms to my late father since he was orphaned at twelve. Oh, I need invisible ink again eh? It has a place here as I need to record this day for future reference.

Great grand mother outlasted by grandparents from both side of the family. She passed away in 1970 when I was too young to understand fully. In those days you can see the fire worked its way during cremation at Mt Vernon. It could be traumatic for some.

Sad that my father preceded his aunt even if she couldn't grasped the fact given her serious dementia. Glad I visited her during CNY. Didn't expect that would be the last time. But really why would it had mattered. She could not longer recognize me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment