Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Secret Lab Chair: After nine months

That is what we spent the afternoon of National Day doing - fixing an old but quality Steelcase office chair I had been using for at least 15 years. We hold up and reinforce the supporting rod with with four old copies of the Economist and some cardboard.  estimated that this pseudo-wood would be good enough to withstand the compression of me seating - material science knowledge from engineering school.

After nine months I decided this old chair is still better than the Secret Lab gaming chair. Those guys haven't got sufficient insight about building chairs and I am also not very good at choosing a replacement. On hindsight I should have saved the money and use some home fix solution. It's not perfect but good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment