Thursday, November 19, 2015

MOE recruiting fewer teachers


I just read the ST story. Articles like this have the familiar feel of a TV 8 drama. Same story line only change the numbers and names. What is missing is that the new teachers are often better than the old ones with far more experience. At least this is the experience of my children. I suppose in many instances you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

As usual government everywhere rarely do things incrementally. Just look at how rapidly they are cutting back on hiring. Many wannabes teachers are disappointed. I think they should keep trying because teachers do resign and places open up. Those with a deep passion for teaching never give up. I hope MOE keep record and track how many times an applicant applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment