Saturday, February 14, 2015

NUS Fees: Higher than I thought



This amount is way higher than I thought we were paying for her school fees. I thought the correct amount was $8950 per academic year. Do I multiply $4.7K by two. I got to check later. No time now but I imagine such amounts must be painful for many families. Think student loans, think servicing debt....

The next time they deduct fees again, I will come here and compare.

There must be lots of anger out there when the government dish out millions of tax payers' money for foreign scholars....

2 comments:

  1. Accountability? Transparency?? Shouldn't we get better showing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nay. some of my friends from low income family eventually will pay much lower than that due to grants from various organization/self-help groups (indirectly funded by the govt through its various arms). if you don't enjoy these grants, means your income is quite well-off already. Which I think is the case based on your education and age. (wow, you and your wife are nus grads right, which I think is a very impressive feat as compared to peers from your generation)

    ReplyDelete