Wednesday, November 11, 2015

RIP Helmut Schmidt


I was telling the others about this event when I read news of Helmut Schmidt passing this morning. I was amused by the public banter between the two elder statesmen. I didn't know they were so familiar and such good friends with each other.

I was too young to really understand what was happening when Helmut Schmidt was West Germany's Chancellor, but I had a good impression of him simply because my father said he is a very good and capable leader. I remember feeling disappointed when he quit his post and Helmut Kohl which I called the bear took over. I didn't understand why he had to go when he was a good leader. Politics elsewhere is quite different from Singapore. This is just a way of quickly explaining without shedding any light right?

Well RIP Helmut Schmidt.

No comments:

Post a Comment