Monday, March 2, 2015

Lee Kuan Yew's most painful words


"I wish I can meet my wife in the hereafter, But I don't think I will. I just cease to exist just as she has ceased to exist"

These must be the most painful words anyone can utter especially when we know how much he loved her, with all of himself.

So the man was already dying slowly that he might not even notice and misread it as ageing. With his brilliant mind does he not grasp the futility of it all?

Without hope how could he continue to live? I don't know how, but I hope and pray he finds hope.


2 comments:

  1. It will indeed be very sad if we just cease to exist once we die. Then what is the purpose of doing good - or for that matter, doing evil on earth??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what he said made perfect sense. Futile, yes. But why hope for that which is hopeless? Isn't that worse than futility? Should he hope that his wife can be resurrected?

    ReplyDelete