Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I had known Dubai to be risky


It has been several years since we lived in Dubai. Why did it take so long for a story like this to appear in our papers? The Dubai authorities are stupid and capricious. E.g., After passing my driving test, the official insisted that I removed my spectacles for my driver's licence photo ID!

Finally enough Singaporeans have visited Dubai for our folks to get caught in their web. None of these stories are novel. They happen regularly to ang mohs, especially the British as there are so many of them living or visiting there.

Whenever I heard of people wanting to holiday in Dubai, I always discourage them. It is a vulgar place, a hypocrisy to Islamic values.

By now, MFA must have discovered that we have limited leverage with those idiots. Leave it to Abu Dhabi to roast them. Not that their neighbor is any smarter, but his cousins are trying to take over the emirate. Dubai is a poster child of excess, over indebtedness, recklessness and knavery. Fools with money combined with gullible bankers can look smart for a while. Only for a while. They are still in purgatory and their behavior has become worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment