Saturday, November 12, 2016

Donating to Guardian newspaper


I just made a small contribution to the Guardian newspaper. It is an excellent paper but its article are often much longer than other publications. I understand they needed to explain their thoughts more thoroughly and better that way but I simply do not have the time.

I contributed because I heard several times Trump talking about the impending demise of the NYT (I am a subscriber).

Newspaper are an endangered species. They serve an irreplaceable role to inform us but these days many of the popular ones carry garbage, lies and conspiracy theories.

I am glad Jeff Bezos bought the Washington Post or that venerable and much needed paper could easily go under.

This is not practical or advisable but in an ideal world some of the ads revenue earned by the likes of Facebook and Google ought to go to support good newspapers. Well we live in the real world and we have not found a solution around this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment