Saturday, August 9, 2014

Three days of fever

I thought I had driven out the fever today but it has returned. This is the third day already. The last time I felt this unwell was I think in late 2006. That's a long time ago.

Perhaps I ought to have been more careful and avoided lunching out today. I felt I had beaten the fever squarely but I was quite wrong. Instead of sweating because it was hot, my system chose to raise my core temperature instead.

We tell ourselves such detail stories of our symptoms but I notice the doctor never pay much attention to them. They were taught to medical school what to ignore. Such arrogance. Just as well I didn't go and see a doctor. I don't need an MC from them.

On a more cheeky note anyone who has caught the common cold is experiencing symptoms similar to the early signs of Ebola. Good thing we are not in West Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment