Saturday, August 23, 2014

If you love something let it go


On my own I wouldn't be led to an article like this in the Washington Post. I got to know this from NYT email: What we are reading.

This is a painful but extraordinarily beautiful love story. It is a story that reminds us to be more humble and open minded to learn what is love and how it is discovered and deepened. As I read this story, it was resonating with me why in death we part as spouses. Marriage ends but the love relationship will never.

In my late teens I learned this from a friend,

If you love something let it go.
If it comes back to you, it is yours to keep.
If it never return, it was never yours before.

The story of Leslie Hilburn and David/Deborah Fabian is also a story of found, lost and partly found. Yes, somethings are lost forever and that is what makes this so poignant.

I wish them well and God willing may what they have lost be replaced which will have to go beyond what they can offer and receive from each other to Him too. If not here, definitely in the hereafter.

If you love, you always love because it isn't the real thing otherwise. Yep, few people know what love is. Even fewer know what really went into John 3:16. Many can recite it, moved hearts with their testimonies but that is often not love.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful comment to a story that I wouldn't have otherwise known of either. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete