Monday, July 28, 2014

What a monster: Asus ZenFone 6



What have I done? I collected this monster size Asus ZenFone 6 yesterday and had spent much of the weekend setting it up. Phones have become like PCs.

Because it is narrower than the Kindle, it will still slip easily into my pocket. Helps a lot that they make them so slim now.

I didn't want to wait for the Note 4. It would probably have many features I don't need or want judging from how they have built the S5. At $299 (purchased online) I would already be happy if this phone is good for a year.

I like two things about this phone. Its camera is notieably superior to the S3 and it is big enough to read my ebooks without taking away from the Kindle experience. In fact, I am beginning to wonder if the Kindle is obsolete for me. I often find myself reading a book with my S3 instead of the Kindle because I didn't have it with me. Those times I brought along my Kindle, I mostly didn't have the chance to use it.

Nevertheless the Paperwhite ebook software is superior to the Kindle app for Windows, Android and iOS. When I need to survey a book, the Paperwhite is unbeatable.


No comments:

Post a Comment