Wednesday, July 9, 2014

NLB pulled two LGBT friendly titles

NLB pulled these two titles from their shelves after a library member complained. VW had posted an open letter about this on FB. We can expect more protests from the LGBT community.

I had warned about the backlash from the broader Singapore society against LGBT if they try to enlarge their space too quickly. I didn't expect them to be patient and this was exactly what happened.

I have no problems with these books remaining on the shelves of our public libraries. Bertha Henson had even just injected a tongue in cheek post, "Ban these books too!" There is more than humor in it.

No point three steps forward, two steps back. If they try for four steps they might have to reverse five! I hope there are shrewder leaders among the LGBT community. Patience my friend, and don't fight Lawrence Khong or Noor Deros. Slowly win the middle ground. You have to give people time to understand you. These are busy people with more pressing priorities than learning who and what LGBTs are.

I think God is really unhappy with the LGBT lifestyle but he also feel the same about most people for calling out the LGBTs as sinners. We are not qualified to judge them and Bertha Henson had creatively pointed out our hypocrisy.

Update: July 10 :10:40 am

When family fails, the village and even beyond help to bring up the child. That is the powerful point of this writer to the Forum today.


To the staunch homophobic Christians who imagine that LGBTs will go to hell, I think it is not unreasonable that you would be ahead of them in the queue. You have been graciously forgiven and yet stood in judgement of people more open minded and loving than you are. For all have fallen short of the glory of God, you think only the rest of us except you eh? Hypocrites. You are known to outsiders for your narrowed minded religiosity rather than faith. Let's not talk about love, you have no blinking idea what love is.

LGBT lifestyle is sinful lifestyle but have you Christians not become aware that God is using them to expose you as even worse sinners then they are? We who are truly forgiven dare not judge them but are instead reminded of how miraculously we were spared. But you homophobic Christians have no idea what Paul meant when he wrote the Roman Christians.

Paul’s Anguish Over Israel

I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises.Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah,who is God over all, forever praised![a] Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment